I'm a web engineer & systems administrator with over 9 years of experience under my belt. I develop and create web applications and manage the environments behind them. I've spent the last 3 years submerging myself in the optics field, learning everything from lab equipment to sales and reporting.
I've spent the last couple of years growing my career and learning more about business development. Recently I've started to lead and organize a team of developers. My personal interests strongly relate to my professional interests, so I love working even when I shouldn't.
Eyemart Express - Farmers Branch, Tx August 2012 - Present
DevOps, Process Engineer, Front/Back-End Developer
Eyemart Express is the 7th largest optical retail in the United States with over 140 locations in 30 states. At Eyemart Express I focus on optic specific applications (inventory management, optical oriented PoS, lab management systems). I also worked on several front end projects, like a patient scheduling system and e-commerce websites.
In Q2'15 Eyemart Express focused on growing their infrastructure and disaster recovery. My work since then has been building out a reliable AWS environment for running our most tasking business processes.
Some of my major feats as a developer at this position include:
- Refactored a business metric & reporting engine to help our Operations & Marketing teams
- Created optical specific ordering systems to help stores order jobs from vendors
- Implemented a digital signage system at 20 stores
- Worked with a piece of software that handles figuring out the PD (Pupillary Distance) of the eyes using a webcam and C++
- Built a complete front to back order fulfillment system
DigitalOcean - Remote Work Dec 2012 - Jun 2013
Worked part time at DigitalOcean supporting customers with their VPSes. Troubleshooted almost every Linux issue known to man.
Some of my major feats as a customer support representative at this position include:
- Working directly with customers and potential customers (sales)
- Debugging various issues with software and the OS
Axxim, LLC - Irving, Tx July 2009 - Present
Founder, Lead Developer
Axxim, LLC is a testbed of ideas and products; if we've thought of it, it's been prototyped.
PatchNotes - Subscribe to updates from your favorite projects and services.
Minotar - Minotar serves Minecraft heads using a simple API
(Golang, High Availability, Currently serves 8 billion images a month)
Ignite - Web based collaborative development environment with code testing (now discontinued)